Pages

Sunday, July 16, 2023

Riga, Latvia

Onto Latvia! Our NCL cruise stopped in Riga. We booked an excursion through the cruise, but had some time before to walk around the city on our own. 


I liked how this statue seemed to break free from the ground. I am not sure what the statue represents, but it spoke to me.


I am not an assertive enough person for these kind of photo opportunities. Eventually I scooted in for a quick photo before we continued our stroll.



Our excursion was a visit to a nearby resort town, Jurmala. After driving a bit through the area, we got off for some free time to walk along the beach. Man, did it feel nice to stick my feet in the sand. The time at the beach was way too short, though. After the beach, we walked by some shops on the way to the meetup spot to get back on the bus.

Jurmala has a ton of cute little houses. Someone on the tour called them doll houses and the description was so fitting. I would love to spend more time here soaking up the sun and relaxing on the beach.


Is it a beach trip without ice cream???


Latvia's favorite sport is hockey and we happened upon this in a park. 


Another large Riga photo opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment