Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2021

Castle ruins in Nagold


For one of our first weekends out of quarantine, Charles found a hike to some castle ruins in a town called Nagold. He asked me in advance if I wanted something more leisurely or more rustic and I, of course, requested more leisurely. Upon starting the trail, I soon learned that getting to the ruins would require a walk up an incline. Not as leisurely as I would have liked, but once we arrived at the top the views were fantastic! 

As soon as we arrived at the top, Suzie found a nice shady spot in the grass and dandelions to take a breather. 

Historians are not sure if these castle ruins were used for fortifications or for a residence. 



At the bottom of the castle ruin hike there was a great area to walk along the river. There was a big playground for kids and a snack stand with ice cream and beverages. We didn't try anything, but it would make for a nice treat after walking around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment