Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Travel: Yosemite

One of Charles' big bucket list items for our time in California was to visit Yosemite. Of course, we waited until almost the last minute to take a trip there. We visited on October 1st which happened to be the anniversary of the park. We totally did not plan that.

I do have to preface this next part by saying I don't think it was the ideal time of year to visit Yosemite. I've heard it is better to go around April when the waterfalls are flowing. In October, the water was definitely not flowing. With that said, I did not love Yosemite as much as some of the other places we have visited on the west coast. I have several friends who love, love, love Yosemite and I just wasn't feeling it. But it was worth visiting, especially because we had free admission (thank you military discount)!

On the way back to our hotel in Jamestown, I was feeling carsick. The roads are quite curvy and after hiking I am especially susceptible to car sickness. We stopped for dinner at one of the towns outside of Yosemite. A BLT was just what I needed to cure my upset tummy. I just need to suck it up in the future and buy those special bracelets and anything else I can get my hands on to prevent motion sickness. I had forgotten my Tummy Rub essential oil blend. It would have been the perfect time to try it out.


Doesn't this look like a green screen background? We thought so, but it's totally a real life background.

No comments:

Post a Comment