Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Goodbye California

Lately I have been reflecting on our time in California since it is coming to an end. It is important to reflect on the events and people in our lives from time to time. It is a good way to appreciate all the amazing things that happen in our time on Earth and help us to move forward to be the best person we can be.

Prior to finding out our assignment to California, I never thought I would live in the state. To be honest, I was most afraid of experiencing an earthquake. Luckily, we have not had one near us.

My favorite part of our time on the West Coast was all the friendships I made. At our last base, I felt alone many times because I had a hard time making friends. I was determined not to repeat that this time. I joined a book club (and eventually ran it), I joined the Officers' Spouses' Club, and was heavily involved in our squadron spouse group. I put myself out there more than I usually do and it ended up being a big blessing. I am thankful for the ladies I have come to know and I hope our paths cross again (many times).

I have also valued our travels while living here. We have visited the Bay area several times, Lake Tahoe, Eureka, the Avenue of the Giants, L.A., Anaheim, Monterey, Yosemite, Ventura, Apple Hill, Reno, Stockton, Oregon and Hawaii. Hawaii is one of my favorite places we have ever visited.

I am so thankful for our time on the West coast, but excited to be home during our next assignment. I hope to take the things I have experienced and learned here and use that knowledge throughout the rest of Charles' Air Force career.

No comments:

Post a Comment