Pages

Monday, May 4, 2015

Oil bandwagon

I jumped on the bandwagon. I kept seeing information about essential oils. I know a few people that use them for several health issues. I am very blessed and do not have any major health concerns, but I was reading how beneficial essential oils can be. I was mainly interested in the air purification aspect that some of the oils and blends can provide. Plus, since living in California I have experienced seasonal allergies and wanted something non-chemical to help alleviate that annoyance.

I know someone who sells Young Living oils and was ready to make a purchase from her. Then I decided to do some research. I don't think there is anything wrong with Young Living oils, but I decided to try a different company--Native American Nutritionals. I liked what I was reading about their company and their farming practices.

In my first order I purchased 3 oils/blends:
Purify
Peppermint
Citrus Blend

I also ordered an oil diffuser on Amazon. You use a few drops of oil in water and it diffuses all night. 

I am very happy with the oils so far. They freshen the air naturally. I can tell a difference in the air quality of our bedroom after having it closed up all night. I have also been seeing less spiders on my lawn chairs. To achieve the last part, I mixed a few drops of peppermint oil in water and sprayed on my lawn chairs. We have been seeing a ton of spider webs on those things and I felt like I couldn't sit on them without worrying that a black widow was going to come out and crawl all over me. Creepy! Time will tell if it really works. Last summer we saw a lot more spiders towards the end of the season. But the peppermint smells so amazing and sweet anyway. It's wonderful in the diffuser, too!

Now that I have joined the oil movement, I keep seeing tons of ways to use essential oils on Pinterest. You can make cleaning solutions with it. You can make shampoo. You can make bug spray. You can add some to your laundry. The options seem endless.

My next experiment will be with the Bug Off blend. We live near rice fields and get a ton of mosquitoes. The Bug Off blend can be mixed with water and sprayed onto the skin and is supposed to act as a natural bug spray. I also ordered Lavender. It will be a nice scent to diffuse at night and mix with my other oils.

No comments:

Post a Comment