Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Movie Review: The Grand Budapest Hotel

I have not shared my opinions on any movies I have watched lately. We still do the Netflix disc in the mail and have watched several movies lately. We also sometimes stream movies on Netflix, but we mostly stream TV shows. 

The last disc we received from Netflix was The Grand Budapest Hotel. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It was definitely quirky and a little strange, so it is not for everyone. It reminded me a little of Pushing Daisies, one of my all-time favorite TV shows. People didn't really get that one either which is why it only lasted 2 seasons.

One of the things I liked about the movie (and Pushing Daisies, for that matter) was the intentional style of the set. The set was quirky to fit the movie, but was interesting to watch.

The characters were weird, but fascinating. They had a story to tell and it made you want to learn more about them. One of the characters had a distinctive birth mark on her face. I like details like that in movies. I appreciate when writers notice small, seemingly insignificant, features in a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment