Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Bread Machine: White bread

Charles has become a fan of bread pudding. We have had it a couple times recently at restaurants. There are so many different kinds! I decided to try my hand at it, but first I had to make the bread with our handy dandy bread machine! I kept it simple and made regular white bread.

The first time we attempted the bread we were not paying attention to it and it needed more water. By the time we realized this it was too late to add any more. The bread came out looking pretty funny. Charles still ate the soft, white middle.

The second time I made it I was more vigilant and everything came out great!


I followed a Pinterest recipe, but it was not too different from the recipe in my bread machine's manual. Here is a link to the one I used: Easy Bread Machine White Bread

Ingredients
1 cup warm milk (microwave about 1 minute)
3 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons yeast
2 Tablespoons butter, cut into 4 pieces
(you may need to add extra water. I added about 1 1/2 Tablespoons)

Add ingredients in the order listed. Make a well in the middle to add yeast. Tuck the butter pieces into the 4 corners.

Set for basic/white cycle, Medium crust, and 1.5 lb loaf.




No comments:

Post a Comment