Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Aced

So, I finally got a step closer to getting a job! I had to take a typing test today for one of the jobs I applied for a few weeks ago. I'm a very good typer so I wasn't too worried about it. Plus, my husband was very encouraging. (I love him!) I wasn't really sure what to expect. I had taken a couple typing tests online months ago to see what my typing speed was, but I hadn't done a real typing test since high school computer class. I was hoping for at least 50 WPM.

The lady who administered the test was really nice. We chatted for a bit about what I was looking for. She also has a Political Science degree. She was very encouraging, too.

So I took the test and got an average of 65 WPM, which was better than I was expecting and hoping for. Plus, my accuracy was nearly 100% (just a few minor errors).

Now I have to wait to see if I get an interview. It's just for a part-time, entry level job, but at this point I'll take anything just to get out of the house and earn some money. Being a housewife is only super fun if you have unending resources to fuel your hobbies.

No comments:

Post a Comment