Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Let's get physical

I have never enjoyed working out or playing sports. I ended up marrying a man who LOVES (that needed all the emphasis I can give it because he loves it that much) to work out and he knows just about everything there is to know about eating and being healthy. He loves to hassle me about working out and eating healthy, so I am forced to work out, at least occasionally. Since moving here, I've actually lost weight. It has nothing to do with working out or with eating healthy. Maybe it's all the housework I do each week. Being a housewife doesn't have to be all bad.

One of my favorite work outs is the Leslie Sansone videos. It's just walking in your living room, but she has such a positive attitude and she makes you feel so good about what you are doing. The video I have has 1 mile, 2 mile, 3 mile and 4 mile walks. Usually I stick with the 2 mile walk after doing some exercises with my free weights. Last time I did the 4 mile walk. If you hate working out, these videos are great. It's still a pretty good work out and you can do it in the privacy of your own home.

I also enjoy the Winsor Pilates Buns & Thighs video. It's just a 20 minute video that focuses on your buns and thighs. It doesn't look that hard, but it's pretty intense. The first time I did it, I couldn't finish reps of a lot of the moves. But not anymore! It's a great addition to a work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment