Sunday, June 7, 2015

Pinterest food finds

It has been a while since I have shared some recipes I have tried from Pinterest. I love searching through the recipes and finding ones that look amazing and easy. Here are some that I (or Charles) have made recently:

Dessert Wontons--Banana and Chocolate chip
I could not find wonton wrappers, so I used lumpia wrappers instead. Therefore, they looked more like eggs rolls than wontons. They were pretty good, although I don't think I would make them again. if I do, I would buy the lumpia wrappers that are individually wrapped. It look forever to separate them all! *I baked these instead of pan frying.





Sweet Potato & Broccoli Cakes
I found a bag of mini sweet potatoes at the grocery store one day. They were too cute not to buy. But then we had to figure out what to do with them. I found this recipe and it was pretty tasty. It's definitely healthy, too!




Slow Cooker Hawaiian BBQ Pork
My friend made these for an event we attended and they were so yummy! I decided to try them. I love anything with pineapple. They turned out yummy, but I excluded the liquid smoke so they didn't have the BBQ flavor. I would love to have Charles make something similar in the smoker. That would be amazing! 






Chicken Enchilada Skillet
We had some leftover enchilada sauce from Tamale Pie. I found this recipe and knew it would be a winner. Charles has been making dinner a lot lately (love him soooooo much!) and he hates when recipes use a lot of dishes. This is all in one skillet. Perfect! It had great flavor and made for good leftovers for lunch.






Deep Dish Oatmeal Chocolate Cookie Bars
LONG name for these, but they are delicious. There is a layer of oatmeal cookie, a layer of chocolate fudge and then another layer of oatmeal cookie. They are soft and yummy! I made them the other night, so we still have a few more nights to enjoy these bars. Plus, there is oatmeal in them. Oatmeal is healthy, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment