Sunday, July 27, 2014

Recent Pinterest Tries

I have not been cooking and baking a lot lately. Life was getting a little crazy and/or I was being lazy. Working 40 hours a week definitely puts a crimp in your extracurricular activities like baking. But I am very thankful for my new job! I just have to prioritize my time when I am at home and make room for other activities besides watching Netflix.

Anyway, here are some Pinterest recipes I have tried since I last posted Pinterest recipes.

Chocolate Dipped Granola Bars
I was watching Food Network one day at my old job (in-between actually working) and the Pioneer Woman made these granola bars. They looked amazing! So I went home, found the recipe and made them. It has a ton of ingredients, but pretty simple to put together. I thought they were just alright, but Charles really enjoyed them. I thought the molasses flavor was too strong.

Bacon Wrapped Pineapple
I am part of a book club that meets monthly and we usually do potluck style snacks. I was trying to decide what to make for last month's get together (we read Looking for Alaska). My Party Foods board on Pinterest has quite a few recipes. I decided on the bacon wrapped pineapple because it looked really easy to make and only used two ingredients. I thought they were delicious! And they were soooo simple to make. They are perfect for a party or small get-together.

Edible Cookie Dough for One
Some days you just feel like eating cookie dough. This cookie dough is eggless so you don't have to worry about any yucky unknowns (although that never usually stops me). It was just alright, but it fulfilled a craving.

Mini Savory Cheese Balls
I went to a Pinterest Party for a friend's birthday and again could not decide what I wanted to make. I figured something sweet was out of the question because there would be birthday cake, so I went with something savory. The cheeseballs were really a cinch to put together and were very yummy! Instead of using the pretzel stick, I put each cheese ball on top of a regular sized pretzel snack. The only downside was that I had some leftover after the party and they were not as tasty later.

Flourless Chocolate Cake
This was a request from Charles after tasting some on the cruise. I found two recipes on Pinterest and had him choose between the two. I think he chose this one because it had fewer ingredients. I had to buy a spring form pan just to make this because I didn't own one already. But now I have an excuse to make cheesecake! Anyway... this was a good dessert! It is not very sweet since the only sweetness is coming from the bittersweet chocolate. I added a peanut butter glaze on top to add more sweetness because you know I have a sugar sweet tooth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment