Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Even more Pinterest recipes!

I have been busy trying more new recipes on Pinterest. Here are some that I have made lately (all pictures borrowed from the blogs I used the recipes from):

Chicken Tamale Pie
The actual recipe I pinned calls for Carnitas, but I used chicken instead. This was delicious! And it was really easy to make. First I cooked the chicken (2 breasts) in the slow cooker for about 7 hours on low. In with the chicken, I put some chicken broth, salsa, garlic powder and chili powder. I might just do that for chicken tacos sometime.





Baby Bakers (no picture, sorry)
One of our favorite BBQ restaurants in Dayton had an amazing side called Baby Bakers (potatoes). They were cooked really well and had an amazing flavor with a little bit of a kick. I found a recipe, but they weren't quite the same. They were not as spicy and I think they should have cooked longer to get the same texture. But it was worth a shot!

Bobby Deen's Baked Spaghetti
Charles was talking about baked spaghetti, so I searched Pinterest for a recipe. I came across this one and made it with ground turkey instead of ground beef. It turned out very yummy. I liked that the recipe includes a homemade sauce. I have never made homemade sauce, so I might just use that part for future Italian dishes.





Hawaiian Dip
I was having some people over to plan for our Spouses Night Out table (more details on that later). I wanted to serve a little snack and chose to make this. It was very easy to make and tasty. I added some vanilla for a little extra flavor. I served it with vanilla wafers and graham crackers.






No Bake PB Caramel Bars
Charles picked these for our latest dessert. They are very much like Rice Krispy treats, but a different flavor. Very easy to make and delicious. These would be good for a Bake Sale. I used double the chocolate to drizzle on top. You can never have too much chocolate, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment