Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Highs and lows

Being a military spouse you know that at least once in your life your husband will be away. This is the second time in the past few years that we've been separated while my husband is off at training. There are days that I do fine being apart and other days are not so easy. The past few days have been the low ones.

Things I hate about being apart:
1. Being apart.

2. Having to do ALL the stuff around the house by myself. Ex. dishes, cleaning toilets, litter box, pulling in the trash can after trash pickup, yard work, sweeping, vacuuming, laundry...the list goes on. None of these things are hard to do. I just want to share the load with someone else.

3. Eating by myself. Today I just don't want to cook, but I've hungry. And I don't want to spend money eating out. I'm just tired of eating alone.

4. Missing out on things you would typically do together. This past weekend was a long weekend and I spent it doing the same things I always do. Normally we would take a mini vacation on a long weekend.

5. Sleeping alone. About a week ago I had a horrible dream that someone was breaking into my house. I woke up really wishing my husband were next to me just for the comfort of knowing someone was there.

6. Wanting someone to pamper me (just a little). I could really go for a nice back rub or have someone run their hands through my hair. It always feels so nice.

Things I don't mind about being apart:

1. I can eat what I want when I want. I'm not going crazy eating whatever I want (as much as my husband may not believe me). But I do have the freedom to make pizza or BBQ chicken or whatever else I'm in the mood for without worrying if he's in the mood for it, too.

2. I can watch what I want on Netflix. I just finished watching Season 1 of Call the Midwife. It's a BBC show based in London in the 50's. It was an emotional first season and was really interesting to watch. The characters were very lovable. It will be nice when the next season comes out.

3. I don't have to shave my legs as often. Every girl can understand this!

4. I probably sleep better without someone next to me. While I enjoy having my husband next to me, I think I do sleep better when he's away. No distractions, no extra noises, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment