Sunday, August 4, 2013

Bake Sale

Yesterday my office hosted a Car Wash and Bake Sale. The money raised is going to one of my co-workers. His step-son was diagnosed with leukemia and passed away on Friday night. Of course, I baked a few things to contribute to the sale:

Iced Lemon Cookies: recipe from Real Simple
Photo borrowed from Real Simple
Minny's Chocolate Pie: Recipe from Eat 2 Gather
Photo borrowed from Eat 2 Gather
Two versions of rice krispy treats--one with Fruity Pebbles and one with Cocoa Pebbles: Recipe from Sugar Rush
Photo borrowed from Sugar Rush
I also volunteered at the event and it was amazing to see the amount of people that came through to donate. We had people grab a couple cookies, but then give $20. It really makes you wonder who would be there to support you if something happened your life. (I know that's kind of selfish to think, but hey, I'm human.)

I think by 2pm, we had raised at least $1300. It was just a wonderful thing to be a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment