Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Lessons

I told a co-worker yesterday that God must be trying to teach me something. I am not quite sure what; I wish I could find out so I could learn the lesson already!

Work has been unpleasant this week. Monday and Tuesday were filled with customer complaints which all seemed to be funneled to me. I felt like I was attracting all the grumpies. One I did not handle the best I possibly could. I could have handled it a million times worse, but some people will be unhappy regardless. I've been beating myself up about it since, but I also keep reminding myself that ultimately I did nothing wrong and don't deserve the self-punishment.

It amazes me how people view things from totally different perspectives. I am a very laid back person. If something bothers me I will most likely suck it up and deal with it. I'm not the type to complain about something (except to myself and people close to me). I don't expect people to change their behavior just because of my opinions. At the same time, I am a rules follower and prefer other people to follow the rules, but I also know what is important in life and what can fall by the wayside.

I'm realizing more and more that not everyone is laid back. Some people are passionate about things that, to me, are not important. I guess I have to learn to be compassionate and to listen regardless of how I feel. But I also tend to be a people pleaser and don't like feeling of failure when others have high expectations that I cannot meet.

I'm glad to be half-way through the work week. I hope the next few days fly by so I can see my husband! The military life, while amazing, can suck at times.


No comments:

Post a Comment