Monday, February 25, 2013

Day #1

The past few days have been a whirlwind. Before knowing when Charles would be leaving for officer training, I scheduled my annual Alpha Omega Alumni weekend for this past weekend. Being the president of the chapter, I knew I needed to be there.

I flew down on Friday morning. My flights were from Dayton to Atlanta and then Atlanta to Charlotte. Of course, we had a lovely ice storm on Thursday night so there was a very thick layer on ice all over my car on Friday morning. My life was slightly in danger while driving to the airport since I didn't have time to completely deice my car. I made it though! The flight did not have any delays...or so I thought. We boarded on time and then we sat in the plane for an hour and a half while the plane was deiced. The worst part were the two annoying children and their mother sitting behind me. The kids kept whining. The mom was annoying because she was always telling her kids to stop this or stop that, but didn't (in my opinion) properly discipline them. I'm sure it's hard on a plane, though.

I was lucky enough to make my connection in Atlanta and arrived in Charlotte on time. I picked up my rental car. I was really hoping for a Chevy Spark which would allow me to test drive one, but I had a Nissan Versa.

I spent the afternoon helping my friend who owns The Celebration Cottage and then I headed over to hang out with Cheryl before the Alumni dinner. The dinner went great and it was nice to see friends again. I miss having them so close.

Saturday was spent with Alpha Omega at a brunch they hosted for us. Then we had our annual chapter meeting which was very productive. After spending a couple hours chatting and hanging out, it was time for me to head back home. All my flights were on time and went smoothly. I arrived home around 11:30pm.

Sunday was spent helping Charles do any last minute packing and preparing. Then the dreaded time came. I did not want to cry in front of him because I knew he would feel guilty and not want to go. We hugged (like the longest hug ever) and I couldn't help myself. I watched him drive off.

So now it is just me and the kitties. Day #1 has been quite lonely, but it's one step closer to tomorrow. Silver lining is that I get to park in the garage now.

No comments:

Post a Comment