Thursday, January 10, 2013

Recent Pinterest Recipes

When Pinterest first became a big hit, I remember someone talking about one of the people they follow. They said something along the lines of "She needs to start doing some of the things she pins." Partly because of hearing that comment I make an effort to try out some of the things I pin in a timely manner. Lately I've tried a few recipes that have turned out pretty yummy!

Chicken Ranch Tacos: These were very tasty and super easy to make! I deviated from the recipe slightly. The actual blog post says to cook on the stove top. Then there is a comment where the person made it in the crock pot. I went with the crock pot version and altered it slightly. The comment suggested cooking on Low for 3 hours. That was very inconvenient. I would have to sneak away from work to come home and set my crock pot. When I got home, I set it on High for 2 hours. It turned out just as good.

Oatmeal Cream Pies: I love the Little Debbie version, but Charles requested homemade. These were very delicious. They tasted different from the Little Debbie version, but probably better! I don't think there is anything more enjoyable than homemade icing.

Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate: I love anything with the peanut butter and chocolate combination. This hot chocolate was very yummy and easy to make. You do have to make it on the stove top, but it's quick and one pot so very little cleanup. Charles enjoyed it very much, too! It has a slightly different texture from typical hot chocolate, probably from the peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment