Monday, August 20, 2012

Life Updates

For my adoring fans I thought I would give some updates on what is going on my life.

Work has been going well. The summer has been busy and this week is kind of the last push of the season. The base here has the Air Force Institute of Technology and a new class starts in August, so we have a lot of people moving into the community. I think there are 12-13 people moving in today alone. So far it has been smooth sailing. But I'm sure this afternoon will be a little crazy.

On Saturday, I set up a table for my job at a local event--the Huffman Prairie Aero Carnival. It was a gorgeous day outside and I enjoyed my people watching. Not very many people came out to the event. I left two hours early and a Park Ranger was telling me that they were expecting 1000-1200 people and only 300 had shown up by that point. Oh well. I got paid for my time!

Yesterday, Charles and I went back to the John Bryan State Park to walk along the trails. It has been so hot here this summer but the past few days have been amazing! It felt like a waste being inside. Charles asked me jokingly where the old me went. Lately I've been walking/biking trails while he trains for a marathon. Typically, I do not like to exercise.He is Mr. Fitness, so I know it makes him happy.

Tonight I'm trying out a Pinterest recipe for dinner. It's called Salsa Chicken. It looks really easy and cooks in the slow cooker. I hope it tastes as good as it looks on Pinterest. I'll post about it later this week.

Last night I made Berry Cobbler. Yum, yum, yum! And the night before that we had cookie dough. I have a mighty big sweet tooth. :)

I think that hits all the main things in my life right now. I'm really looking forward to what the next few months hold-- Labor Day weekend, my four year wedding anniversary, fall, holidays and Cheryl's wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment