Thursday, March 1, 2012

Retail therapy is much needed

Do you ever have one of those days where nothing really bad happened, but it was just a horrible, no good, very bad day nonetheless? I'm having one of those days. Some major retail therapy is very much needed.

All week I've been trying to catch up on sleep from this past weekend when I was out of town. And the past two nights I've just tossed and turned all night even though I was exhausted when I went to bed. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up this weekend. Thank goodness it is almost Friday!

Work has been a little stressful the past couple of days. One of my co-workers is out for shoulder surgery; I think it's been a little overdue, so I'm glad she was finally able to get it scheduled. But that leaves the rest of us trying to do the work of an extra person on top of our work. It can be difficult. We have monthly team goals and the past few months we've come up short. It's very disappointing when you work hard all month and you come up short by a tiny amount.

Today one of my other co-workers was upset about something. She didn't take it out on any of us, but you could tell she was upset and it just brings the mood of the whole office down. I hate seeing people upset or sad.

Luckily tomorrow a new girl starts work in my office. Selfishly I'm excited so she can do all the grunt work of filing and such. I've been doing a lot of it. Filing isn't hard work, but it gets old after a while when you are the only one who does it regularly. It will be fun to help train someone else. It really tests how much you know when you have to teach someone else.

And I'm just disappointed by my last weekend. It didn't all go as I hoped, which I should know by now that it won't. I'm learning to lower my expectations. I was also disappointed by a few people. I don't feel like elaborating...there is no point.

Thankfully my husband is making dinner. I'm truly blessed with the life I have and need to remember to not sweat the small stuff. Don't we all need that reminder sometimes?

No comments:

Post a Comment