Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The winter blues

My husband is convinced that I have winter depression. I have been a little off lately, but I don't think it's winter depression. I had a horrible work week last week. Nothing really horrible happened, but one thing totally threw me off and ruined the rest of my week. I kept making minor mistakes and it was no fun. I hate making mistakes and when I'm making several all the time it is even worse. This week I have been trying to be more mindful and careful; so far I think I've done well, but it's only Tuesday.

I realized on my way home from lunch that it's time for an oil change (actually a little over due) and that stressed me out. It's not a big deal, but my hood latch is broken and it's a pain in the butt to get it open and I can only imagine what a cheap oil change place would say if they had to deal with that. My husband knows how to change the oil, but after he changed it once a few years ago, he said he would never change it again. I drive a VW Beetle and since they are so small, everything in the front is so squished and it is hard to work on. Oh well.

Yesterday one of my co-workers was talking about how he goes to the sauna as a way to block out the world and relax. All I could think about when he was telling us that was "I wish I could go get a massage." That would be a nice way to block out the world for an hour.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty please, do NOT take your car to Wal-Mart or any other cheap place for your oil change. From personal experience! I had my oil changed at Wal-Mart a few years ago and they broke my hood latch and didn't tell me. That night while driving home, my hood flew up and smashed my windshield and I swerved off the road because I couldn't see anything. It was around $3,500 worth of damage. I filed a claim against them and won. They have TERRIBLE policies in their auto repair department.

    Ok, I'm off my soap box :) Anyway, you can go quite a bit over your "recommended miles" before you really need an oil change. I've heard it time and time again from people who work with cars.

    ReplyDelete