Monday, January 30, 2012

A week from hell

This work week is looking to be a doozy, and not one of those Double Doozy cookies you can get at the mall.

One of my co-workers was let go last week. She had been out of the office on and off the past month because her daughter has some major health issues. It was a amicable "break-up."

One of my other co-workers is very close to her grandfather. He had a stroke a week or two ago and it kept getting worse and worse. On Friday, he passed away and I know she is having a hard time with it. So she will probably be out of the office most or all of this week.

Today, one of my other co-workers left work early because she thinks she has Strep throat.

And it is the end of the month/beginning of the month which means a lot of people will be coming in to pay rent. That part is really easy because all we do is take their check and write a receipt for them; it's just that it can be a little overwhelming when there seems to be a line of people waiting to be helped.

Each week, there are two duties. One is to turn the model home on and off. That was my duty last week. It's a pretty easy job. You just walk down to the model, turn on the lights and make sure everything looks pretty. This week my job is to Sparkle. I believe this is an apartment industry term. Basically, everyday I have to go to a couple vacant homes and sweep, wipe the counters down and do some light cleaning. It's not hard and it does not take long, but it's just one more thing I have to do this week.

At least my birthday is this week and there will be a light at the end of the tunnel (the weekend).

No comments:

Post a Comment