Sunday, January 22, 2012

The only thing...

As most of you know, I am not one of those girls that has dreams of having babies. The idea of growing a human inside of me does not sound like something I would like to do. And pushing that human out after 9 months sounds even less appealing. However, I have come to realize that the only thing that makes me want to have a kid is watching youth hockey.

My husband has been coaching youth hockey for the last few months and I've been going to several of their games. This weekend they played in Northern Kentucky (outside of Cincinnati). They are not the best, but it is fun to watch them play. And it has been fun to see how they have improved over the last few months.

Watching the 11 and 12 year old boys play hockey makes me want a hockey-playing kid. If I could get a kid after the baby and potty-training phase, I think I could handle it. I think I would be a fantastic hockey mom!

1 comment:

  1. I still don't understand why you think it's weird. It's one of lifes little miracles. I think it's extroidenary that God made our bodies able to to do that. Plus, the baby part isn't so bad. Those are the fun formative years! I don't know if I could handle an 11 or 12 year old boy, in puberty, playing hockey. Eesh. haha

    ReplyDelete