Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

2012 has arrived! I was able to spend this past weekend with my family in Texas. As I suspected, my mom took me and my sister Delaney shopping. That's just a tradition when I am visiting. I bought my first pair of skinny jeans. I know, I know...I'm a little behind the times. I avoided them for so long, but I really like the pair I bought. I purchased them at the Levi's outlet store. They are very comfortable and now I am wishing I had purchased more than one pair. I'll just have to make a trip down to the outlet mall near me.

I went to bed before midnight on New Year's Eve, so I didn't even watch the ball drop or anything. I was totally exhausted. The past week I haven't been able to sleep very well and my back was hurting for some unknown reason. I think I'm all caught up on sleep...until tonight. My flight home arrives around midnight and I have to work tomorrow.

Unlike a lot of people, I do not set a New Year's Resolution. I am excited for 2012. Last year was a somewhat difficult year. It started off with my husband and I living 6 hours apart. Then we moved far away from friends and family. My job search took much longer than I would have liked. And our cars are seemingly on their death beds. However, through all that, I still love my life. This year, I am going to try to work out more or at least walk more. And I am going to try to give back to others more. That is something that is close to my heart, but I had not been able to do much last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment