Thursday, December 15, 2011

Work Christmas Party and other things

It's been a while since I've given a little update on my life. So, I thought I would take some time to share with you what's been going on lately.

Monday through Wednesday of this week I was down at the corporate office for training. I was not looking forward to driving the hour+ drive three days in a row. Monday was pretty cut and dry policy training. Tuesday and Wednesday were intense sales training. On Tuesday I had to give myself a 1 through 10 rating on my sales abilities (10 being the highest). I gave myself an 8 since I've been in sales in some form since high school and I feel pretty comfortable with it. On Wednesday, we were doing a sales role play thing. After I went, our sales coach told me that I could rate myself higher than an 8 and she complemented me on my genuine desire to help people. That meant a lot to me. Sometimes I feel things (like really wanting to help people and caring about them), but I don't always know if that comes across to others.

Today, I was back at work. But it was a very abnormal day. We had our work Christmas party from basically work day. I made out with a great stash of presents! I received a couple from co-workers. I got one from the company. And I got another gift from White Elephant. I also won two gift cards from a couple games we played. The food was quite delicious and it was a lot of fun to just hang out and relax with everyone I work with. It really made me appreciate who I work for and with.

The gift I brought was pretty funny. I stopped at Ikea on my way home from training on Monday. They have a few really cute stuffed toys, one of which is a Broccoli girl. I already had a gift, but I could not resist buying that. My original gift was a little gift bag with a small picture frame, some Hot Hands, candy and an ornament. But instead, I gave the Broccoli girl, the frame and Hot Hands. My district manager ended up getting my gift in White Elephant and it was hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment