Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Q&A

I haven't done a Hoo Are You from Night Owl Crafting in a while. Here is this week's round of questions.

1. Is all your Christmas shopping done?
No. I have bought nearly everything for my husband and both of my sisters. But I still have to finish up my Mom's present and figure out something for my Dad. I'm not stressed though. I think this is the first year where I have had this much done so soon.

2. Do you decorate for Christmas? If yes, when?
I most definitely decorate for Christmas. (I'm actually going to post pictures of my decorations at some point). My husband is a firm believer that you do not decorate for Christmas until December 1st or after, so we decorated this past weekend.

3. Do you bake during the holiday season?
Yes, that is a tradition I grew up with. I made Magic Cookie bars this past weekend. That is a Christmas cookie tradition from my family. When I was a kid, we would always help my Mom make them at Christmas time. It's just not Christmas without Magic Cookie Bars.

4. What are your favorite smells from this time of year?
I love the real tree smell. I refuse to get a fake tree because I would miss out on that. I also love cinnamon smells. And you can't beat the smell of fresh baked cookies.

5. What are your favorite things to do during the holiday season?
Decorate for Christmas, eat cookies, spend time with friends and family, and buy presents for people. Basically I love anything about the Christmas season.

3 comments:

  1. Our family tradition is to decorate on Black Friday.. my mom and I go shopping at 3 am and then when I get home I decorate with the kids!
    p.s. I love your blog name.. I always say that I went to "Life College" since we got married and had kids pretty young!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, I found your blog through Night Owl Crafting. I LOVE holiday baking as well. I have such fond memories of baking with my grandma.

    ReplyDelete