Sunday, November 6, 2011

Let's play hockey!

Hockey is probably my favorite sport. Part of the reason for this is that it is my husband's favorite sport. Our 2nd date was a hockey game. (He brought me a peanut butter cup because he knew I liked them, which was the sweetest thing ever!) His favorite team is the New Jersey Devils. Growing up with a Michigan native, my dad, the Red Wings were the team to follow. So I'm a little split, but I definitely lean towards NJ. I've been to a total of 3 NHL games in my life--Atlanta (when they still existed), Dallas and Carolina. I've been to numerous SC Stingray games, a couple games in Houston, Milwaukee and now Dayton.

At work, there was a contest and the winner got two tickets to the Dayton Gems home opener. I'm not really sure what the contest was because it was only briefly mentioned and it was my first week so I figured I wouldn't win it anyway. Another lady in the office won, but she didn't really want the tickets. I told her if she didn't want them that she could give them to me. I kind of said it in jest because I didn't think she really would. But she did!

The home opener was last night. Charles and I ventured down there; it was in a part of town we have not been to yet. The arena left something to be desired, so I wasn't sure what to expect from the game. But the game ended up being really great. It was fast-paced. The Dayton goalie was pretty awesome; even Charles wondered why he was playing in the CHL (which is one of the lowest leagues in hockey). And Dayton won! Plus there were about 3-4 fights which are always exciting to watch.

I totally recommend a date night out to your local hockey team. Hockey is fun to watch and you have ample opportunities for people watching (just like at any sporting event).

No comments:

Post a Comment