Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wedding Ceremony

As promised, I would like to share some pictures from my wedding ceremony. We got married in Mt. Pleasant, which is outside of Charleston. The pastor from my church growing up was our officiant. I think we had between 50-80 guests. 
Mr. & Mrs. T!

It took us quite a while to find a church for our ceremony. There is a vast array of churches in the Charleston area (it is the Holy City, after all), but a lot of them were out of our price range or required you to be a member of the church. We finally found one which was perfect!

At one point in the ceremony, two of my friends from Alpha Omega read an Irish wedding prayer. I'd have to dig out the scrapbook with the program in it to share the wedding prayer with you, but it was such a sweet prayer. I was so thankful they were able to be a part of my wedding by reading it.
Signing the Marriage License
We scattered the aisle with red, yellow and orange leaves. I got this idea one fall day about a year or two before we got married. It was really simple, but I loved it!
Sealed with a kiss
My dress was from David's Bridal. I saw it in a magazine and loved it. I tried on a few other dresses, but picked this one because of the beautiful red sash. As you guys know, I have removed the sash from the dress and hung it in our bedroom.
Me and my Dad. I walked down the aisle to "Once Upon a Dream, " from Sleeping Beauty. Charles' uncle played it on the piano.
My sisters, Courtney & Delaney, were my maids of honor. Since they have radically different tastes in clothes, they each picked out their own dress in brown. They both wore the cutest orange shoes. It took me months to find orange ballet flats, which is kind of understandable. Charles' brother, Chasen, was his best man.

No comments:

Post a Comment