Thursday, July 14, 2011

My favorite things

About 2 weeks ago, I told my husband that I was going to blog about some things I absolutely love and somethings I do not like at all. Today I'm finally going to write about my favorite things. In no particular order...

1). Buttons. I really like them and I'm not exactly sure why. I have a little collection in my kitchen. I went to a antique store and got a couple bags of buttons for my collection. I think Charles thought I was a little weird, but they don't cost a lot so he went with it.

2). Old keys. I know it's kind of trendy, but I just love the way they look. I wish our keys today still looked like that. I have plans of doing something with skeleton keys for a piece of artwork for an entry way. I don't have space for it now, so it's on the back burner.

3). Chocolate. My husband sometimes jokes that I love chocolate more than him. I don't, but it's a very close second. I prefer milk chocolate and it has to be the good stuff. Although in times of desperation, I'll take anything. We had some AMAZING chocolate on our honeymoon when we were in Luzern, Switzerland. I want to fly back there just to get some more (oh, and of course see Luzern again). :)

4). Polka dots. I'm not sure why or when my love of polka dots happened, but I just love them. I don't have nearly enough of them around my house. Charles thinks they are girly. They kind of are.

5). Photography. I wish I had the eye for it. And I wish I had more excuses to have our pictures taken by professionals. Our wedding photographers did an amazing job! I had to fill two scrapbooks just to use a small fraction of the pictures they took. 

6). Scrapbooking. You all know about that already. My husband informed me that I forgot to mention another reason I scrapbook in my Scrapbooking 101 post... I scrapbook so that 100 years from now some anthropologists or other researchers can see what an average girl did. I've considered putting really mundane things like what deodorant I use, what brand of chicken I buy, etc in my scrapbooks just for that purpose. I haven't done it yet...I'm not that crazy.

7). Freckles. I adore freckles! I love the summer merely because I get little freckles on my nose. Charles has tons of freckles and I just love them! I have a bunch of freckles on my right arm and I refer to them as my constellation because they look like one.

8). Gerber daisies. I love that they come in all kinds of colors. My bouquet was filled with Gerber daisies and it was absolutely gorgeous.

9). Mt. Pleasant, SC. I grew up there. I didn't realize how much I loved it until I moved away. Whenever I go back it's bittersweet. I have so many amazing memories there and I don't think I'll ever get to live there again.

10). Sunny Days. Picnics, swinging, baseball games, reading, shopping...they are all better enjoyed on a sunny day. Actually, I think anything is better enjoyed on a sunny day with the exception of sitting inside drinking hot chocolate and watching a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment