Monday, May 23, 2011

Giving my opinion

For many years now I've been a member of several survey taking sites. I honestly don't remember what got me started, since it was so long ago. It's really interesting...usually. Now I take surveys from 3 different companies. The topics vary from cell phones (I take surveys on cell phones a LOT), cars, new products, movies, advertising and more. In exchange for taking surveys, you are awarded points that you can accumulate to earn money, gift cards and other items. I tend to save my points for a while and opt for the cash option. It's never a lot of money for the amount of surveys you have to take, but it's nice to get an extra $20 here and there, especially when you don't have a job. While I was living with my parents and Charles was in Tech School, I racked up a bunch of points. When we finally moved here, I cashed in a bunch of points and got $65! I know that doesn't seem like a lot, but when you haven't worked in like 6 months $65 is kind of a big deal. With two of the sites, you also get entered into a sweepstakes with each survey you complete. For as long as I've been doing these surveys, I have never won a sweepstakes. Charles says that no one wins, but I'm still holding out hope that one day I'll win $1000 or something really exciting.

The most recent survey I took was very different from any other that I have done. They sent me a disc in the mail with clips from two TV shows. Of course, it also had commercials on it. They also wanted me to watch 4 YouTube clips. I've only done half of the survey (watching the DVD and the YouTube clips). The YouTube clips were VERY annoying. Every clip was from this 16 year old kid talking about or doing random things that were really stupid. That part of the survey made me really mad. Since I haven't taken the second part of the survey where they will ask me my reactions to the clips I watched, I'm not sure what the point of the teenage kid's Vlog was. The TV clips were a mixed bag. The first was a TV show I've actually seen and didn't mind watching. It's not one that I watch on TV because I think it's on CBS and for some reason I don't watch CBS very often. The second TV show was one that is probably on the SciFi channel, so it was really retarded.

If you're ever bored and want to start taking surveys online, let me know. I can recommend a few sites. They usually only take a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment